10 December 2012

California Fireball Meteor 07DEC2012

California Fireball Meteor 21:15 pm 07DEC2012

07DEC2012 Richard Garcia Riverside,CA. U.S.A. 2115 hrs PST 3 seconds Angled downward Northwest to Southeast Bright white light to yellowish glow -13 mag. yes Observed from my back yard facing southeast when I observed the bolide angled downward in a southeast direction. fragments appeared to be falling away from the main mass. I was able to capture the event on my AllSky cam

2012 THE Year of Meteors!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rihard Garcia I saw a big bright falling star or I thought it was but this was super big,, it was like the moon was falling I live in Ontario and I thought this thing crashed in Chino but it just kept going, that's how how big it was,, it was around 7:30 ish,, on sat 12-07-12. And it was super bright as well but unlike a falling star this thing did NOT burn out...

Unknown said...

I would live to see the footage from your All sky cam?

Mike Schriber said...

I witnessed this bolide from San Diego county. It light up the sky like weak lightning. I've love to see any images obtained from the AllSky camera. Thanks!

alisaxoxo said...

I saw this from orange county california, around 7:30, facing southeast. It caught my eye because of the brightness. It looked bright orange, almost like a quickly falling moon with a thick white trail behind it. It didn't fade out, but disappeared when it fell to where it would have hit the earth.

I would also love to see any images available. First time I have seen something this "different" and was surprised no one I knew in the area caught it.